The planet is a garbage dump. The future is reduced to ruins. The surviving humans have been cruising the skies on a spaceship for the past 700 years. A tiny robot, WALL-E, speeds up around the earth compacting trash into piles as tall as skyscrapers! Ignorance led consumerist humans to such chaos. Is there a chance for love?
- The film was shot in a single take, without any special effects or stuntmen, with the director driving the car.
- The idea for this film came to Claude Lelouch after hiring a gyro stabilized camera mount for a film he was working on at the time.
- The film is nine minutes long because the film cartridge in the camera could only hold 10 minutes of film and it was taken in a single shot.
- Until recently, there was no confirmation of who was driving or what car he was driving. Over the years, various sources claimed an F1 driver was at the wheel of a Le Mans Matra 675, Ferrari 275 GTB, or an Alpine A110. However, Claude Lelouch confirmed on his official website in March 2006 that he was driving, and it was a 6.9 litre Mercedes.
- Lelouch was arrested shortly after the film was screened but was later released without charge.
- The route taken in the film is 10.42 km long (6.48 mi). It takes the driver 7:57 to cover that distance, giving him an average speed of 78.64 km/h (48.86 mph).
- According to recent claims by Claude Lelouch, he was driving his own Mercedes in the film, and later dubbed over the sound of a Ferrari 275GTB to give the impression of much higher speeds. Calculations made by several independent groups using the film show that the car never exceeds 140 km/h (85 mph), which seems to lend credence to his recent comments.
- Three people were in the car, with Claude Lelouch at the wheel.
- Resulting in a notable contrast of moods, the original release of this film in the U.S. was as a short showing before Woody Allen‘s Interiors (1978).
- This footage is now being used as the music video for Snow Patrol’s latest single “Open Your Eyes”. (March 2007)
Lightning Mcqueen – “Okay. Here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner. 42 losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No no no. Focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.”
Never forget how wonderful this movie is !!!
Best film ever! Unforgettable !